Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Christmas day,history,festival,song,carol,christmas eve,christmas tree,santa claus,christmas gift,christmas card

25 Days of Christmas: Day 14

Posted by Yummy

25 Days of Christmas: Day 14

It's day 14 of our 25 days of Christmas, which means there are only 10 more shopping days until Christmas! Hopefully your shopping is done and you are making some plans to relax and really enjoy the holiday.

Finding the Perfect Christmas Gift

Christmas Day

You've made your list, checked it twice, and if you're Santa, you even know who's been naughty or nice. Now it's time to go on the hunt for the perfect gift.

I have a challenge with finding the perfect gift for some of the people on my list. Children tend to be pretty easy, at least when they are young. As they get older, it gets to be more of a challenge to find that present that will light up their eyes when they open it. With my niece's oldest daughter, who is 14, we simply have an agreement that we will go shopping. That way I know she has something she loves, and I get the added bonus of spending a little one-on-one time with her. She's also great at acting surprised when she opens her gift at the family Christmas gathering.

Her father, however, is a very different story. My nephew is one of those men who just has everything. It's tough to shop for him. All too often, I have opted for simply getting a "couples" gift, knowing I have something my niece will love and also knowing he really won't mind. His birthday is also in December, which makes it a double challenge. You can't really do a "couples" birthday gift.:)

He is also an Oakland Raiders fan. Of course, that means when people buy something for him, they try to get Raider things. I honestly think he has just about everything that has been made with that Raiders logo on it, and if he doesn't, I sure don't have any idea what it is.

The thing is, he's also a great guy and has been so good to me. If I ever need anything, he's there. He and my husband have become friends, which also means my husband wants him to have something special for him (but of course, he sure doesn't want to shop for it). And so I look.

I bet you have someone on your list like that. Actually I think that "perfect" gift is what we are in search of for everyone on our list.

This year, I really had given up. His birthday came and I went to the store where I usually see Raiders things. Nothing. Not one thing. And so I caved. We gave him his birthday card with a note that we are taking him out to dinner for his birthday. What else can you do for a guy who has everything?

When I came home that evening, something just made me even more determined to not make this year's Christmas a "couples" gift year. I got online and started looking, with even more determination that I WOULD find the perfect gift. Two hours later, and you know what? There it was! The absolutely perfect gift for him. And it's Raiders. And it's something I'm absolutely certain he doesn't have.

Now, imagine that feeling. You've had it. All that searching and finally, when you've just about given up hope, that perfect gift just jumps out at you.

How about it? When have you had a time when you found the perfect gift? I look forward to hearing your stories.

25 Days of Christmas: Day 14

0 comments:

Post a Comment